Currently reading:
1 year old immersion heater keeps tripping thermal cut out, any suggestions? Electrical Advice

While we have you, why don't you checkout our Plumbing Advice forum PlumbersForums.net

Discuss 1 year old immersion heater keeps tripping thermal cut out, any suggestions? Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com.

1 year old immersion heater keeps tripping thermal cut out, any suggestions? Discussion Thread1 year old immersion heater keeps tripping thermal cut out, any suggestions? Electrical Advice

Hello good people.

I have an ongoing issue with a top entry immersion heater over heat stat that keeps Tripping out. (Built into stat) On a 24hr mechanical timer.
The tank was replaced just over a year ago and with it a new immersion heater and stat.
The original stat worked fine for about 3 months then the O/H stat tripped. I did some tests and all came back good so I reset it and went on my way.
About a month later it did it again so I returned and did the same again. This time it worked for about a week and tripped again.
So I replaced the stat and all was good for about another 3 months or so, then got called to it again.
Tested it again and the circuit and all was the same as the previous test, I put it down to a bad stat and swapped it under guarantee.
Again it was fine for a while about 4 months or so and it did the same again.
I went back with a plumber and we spent a good couple of hours playing around and couldn't get I to trip out, so we left and all was fine until about a week ago when I got called to it.
Again it was tested and all results were good so I replaced it once more with a different make.
Got called to it this evening again thermal overload tripped!
I have run out of ideas, usual things checked, stat set to 55 and is cutting out at that.
Insulation resistance test came back 999m ohms on the circuit and heater hot or cold, element resistance 21 ohms, earth loop 0.33 ohms, voltage 241v.
All connections checked for tightness.
Any other ideas guys?
Cheers Sy

1 year old immersion heater keeps tripping thermal cut out, any suggestions? for the original thread on Electricians Forums

Reply to 1 year old immersion heater keeps tripping thermal cut out, any suggestions? Electrical Advice in the Electrical Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
individual RCBOs or a main breaker RCBO? and what trip level 10mA or 30mA Discussion Threadindividual RCBOs or a main breaker RCBO? and what trip level 10mA or 30mA Electrical Advice I have the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Fraudulent EICR Discussion ThreadFraudulent EICR Electrical Advice Hi guys, I'm looking for your expert advice and thoughts on the EICR that was issued back in April 2021 for the house that we...
Replies
Views
  • Article
How to identify presence of an earth electrode Discussion ThreadHow to identify presence of an earth electrode Electrical Advice Hello to all you fine folk out there. I have a question...
Replies
Views
  • Article
What would you do about this one. Discussion ThreadWhat would you do about this one. Electrical Advice Client (local authority) want the consumer unit upgrading from a plastic one to the latest...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Sub Mains to a Load Centre in a Domestic Dwelling Discussion ThreadSub Mains to a Load Centre in a Domestic Dwelling Electrical Advice I am a retired electrician doing a home rewire. I'm taking...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Tilers Community
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

TF on Facebook

Thanks for visiting the original Tilers Community.