Discuss £13 car code scanner saves me £100's in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Last Sunday my Nissan X-Trail started to stall whilst parked.

Monday morning on the way to work, the car stalled on a roundabout. Took about 2 mins to get it started. 20 mins later it stalled again and again.

When I got home I hooked up my £12 (ebay) scanner:
P0725 = Engine speed signal/sensor problem
P0335 = Crankshaft position sensor/signal problem

The next day I rang Nissan to tell them the problem with my car. They wanted £114 to run their own diagnostics. I told them I just want the crankshaft sensor replaced. How much to buy the sensor and fit it? They quoted me £97 for the sensor and £135 to fit it (one and a half hours labour). However, they would not guarantee that would fix the problem. They wanted me to spend £114 on their diagnostics because my codes (above), meant nothing to them. They have their own Nissan codes.

Anyway, I Googled the codes and decided to have a go at fixing the problem myself. I bought 2 sensors (Crankshaft & Camshaft) on ebay for £70 (for both). Genuine Nissan parts too. I then attempted to find and remove the crankshaft sensor – I did it, and it took 3 hours messing around with various spanners and pliers etc. My old sensor (where it attaches to the electrics) was covered in oil. I cleaned the electrical connection with a couple squirts of carb cleaner – let it dry for 20 mins and attached the new sensor.

Hooked up the scanner and cleared the engine check light. Been driving for 6 days and no problems.

If I had to remove the sensor again I recon I could do it in 15mins. Nissan wanted 1.5 hours to change a sensor!

So what would have cost me £346 and maybe 2 days off work, only cost me £70 and 3 hours on a Sunday afternoon.

Anyone else had similar experiences?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to £13 car code scanner saves me £100's in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

M
My contractor installed Venatino Polished marble tiles this week. My wife and I noticed that...
Replies
Views
Evening guys and girls. Im selling my car. I've used it a bit to cart some tools around. But...
Replies
Views
Bit of a strange subject title for a tiling forum, but that’s what I’ve had for the past 10...
Replies
Views
Russell brown
R
D
Smart Car Trailer Watch this detailed video ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx4Un5zkKDk...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
G
Buying stuff via websites and Ebay rules my life. I rarely have time to get to the store I need...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB