Discuss 14 sqm in London E7, slate on to concrete in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

Jaunty

Having painted our backroom we would like to get rid of the old carpet and get some nice tiles down. Thought I should find a professional. Not a very big job but it is a job. Have plans to redo downstairs bathroom and install a new one upstairs in the future so could be more in the future :thumbsup:

About the job

• Floor Tiling Required, area is an extension with what I presume is poured concrete flooring - see pics. Floor seems solid & level but is not smooth, is a bit rippled
  • Immediate outdoor access to garden with power for cutting
  • There is no pipework to cut for (the radiator pipe is in the wall)
  • 3.75 x 3.5m plus 2 small door areas
  • Materials required - not purchased yet.
  • Tiles all to be slate, we like 600x300x10 Gris Riven Slate Stone but have not bought as thought you may be able to get a trade deal. If you know a great value quality dark slate tile then let us know about it
  • I'm based in London E7
  • I can show you the work required between 6 - 8pm weeknights and anytime weekends, possibly early mornings as well
  • I would like the floor tiled ASAP - no later than in a few weeks time

About the tiler

• Must have contactable references or proven couple of years trading
  • Must be Qualified
  • No mobile number only tilers please, a landline is needed as well
  • Must have proven insurance
  • A good profile on here would help
  • Any other details you can give would be great
Please PM with any expressions of interest. If there are questions about the job that would help any one viewing the thread please pm again.

Many thanks.

Attachments

• R0010779.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 182
  • R0010781.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 244
  • R0010807.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 264
  • R0010808.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 159
C

charlie1

Having painted our backroom we would like to get rid of the old carpet and get some nice tiles down. Thought I should find a professional. Not a very big job but it is a job. Have plans to redo downstairs bathroom and install a new one upstairs in the future so could be more in the future :thumbsup:

About the job

• Floor Tiling Required, area is an extension with what I presume is poured concrete flooring - see pics. Floor seems solid & level but is not smooth, is a bit rippled
  • Tiles all to be slate, we like 600x300x10 Gris Riven Slate Stone but have not bought as thought you may be able to get a trade deal. If you know a great value quality dark slate tile then let us know about it
  • I'm based in London E7
  • I can show you the work required between 6 - 8pm weeknights and anytime weekends, possibly early mornings as well
About the tiler

• Must be Qualified
Please PM with any expressions of interest. If there are questions about the job that would help any one viewing the thread please post here.

Many thanks.

Hi there, Its a bit far for me as i am in Scotland but I'm sure you will find your man/woman no problem. Just out of curiosity when you say "qualified" what qualifacations does the tiler need to have?:grin:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK

About the job

• I'm based in London E7

About the tiler

• Must be Qualified
Please PM with any expressions of interest. If there are questions about the job that would help any one viewing the thread please pm again.

Many thanks.

That's a perfect post! Thanks for that.

J

Jaunty

Just for peoples info:
I Have carried out the tiling work on this floor just in case people are still awaiting a reply from Mr Trent, im sure he will be posting that the job has been completed as soon as he can.
Kind regards
Ken
KWR Services Ltd
[email protected]

Pleased to confirm job all completed by Ken. A tiny delay in posting back on here, as whilst the main job was completed a while ago there was an edging strip needed to really finish the job off. We sorted this out between us fine & I am pleased to recommend Ken who was pleasant & reliable at all times.

Cheers everyone.

PS Went for glazed porcelain in the end not slate - "Etna Granite" by Spanish manufacturer Azulejera Alcorense.

Reply to 14 sqm in London E7, slate on to concrete in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Are you looking for constant and regular site work with competitive rates of pay?? rates can be...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
We are having some issues with our newly laid tiles. Within several weeks of being laid, we...
Replies
Views
David John
D
Hi all; We're looking at hiring skilled Wall/floor tilers to join our team in Canberra...
Replies
Views
Muhammad fiaz
M
Hi, New to the site and first post. I need some advice please. I have 2 quotes from tilers and...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
14 sqm in London E7, slate on to concrete
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.