Discuss 160w UFH in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

U

Uheat - Keith

A 160w/m2 underfloor heating mat system would be a full heating system depending upon the heating coverage of the total gross area, how well the dwelling is insulated and the heat loss figure for your gross area.
Insulation boards on your concrete/screed base is needed, but insulation should also be up to date on walls and ceiling.
Heat loss is via all these surfaces together with windows & doors. That is where a heat loss figure comes from.
85% coverage of the whole floor area is needed for heating, so if you are installing in a Kitchen etc, with no underfloor heating under kitchen units, your coverage may be lower than 85%
I would say that with all the information, that the 160w/m2 system may not be a heat system, but a minimum Warm Floor system (secondary heat) only.

Warm regards,

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to 160w UFH in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am trying to achieve a low floor build up including wet UFH over a new suspended timber...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 45m2 of 1.2 x 1.2 Mirage 9mm floor tiles to lay. Never done this size before. I’m...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB