Discuss 17 mtres of metro in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

WR Landscaping

just got a job but now not so sure about my pricing being to right as they were quick to go for it.

remove and dispose of about 4 mtres of existing tiles and repair walls with plasterboard (its in a kitchen so no major damp)
board a 2metre wall with a doorway in it
then supply and fit 17 metres of metro tiles grouted

all for £930. Sounds a lot to me but now im not so sure. Job is also a 50 mile drive each way for me into central London.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
materials are coming in at about £450 and im hoping for three days but im going to have to shift for that as metros dont go up very quickly but they look nice done. have a big window and reveals to cut and trim, a door way and around 6 sockets to cut around.

Where are you getting your metros from!? Rough working out i mkae that over around £22psm. Try tons of tiles. I've just done 9sqm in a kitchen and was paying £13.50psm for the metros. Good range of colours on ToT as well.

I might be inclined to stop over at a premiere inn or something and try and bang it out in two long days. Certainly cheaper even running into a 3rd day and 2 nights b&b than it wouyld be driving 100 mile a day!

W

WR Landscaping

cheers guys, i ended up buying reds from topps and whites from wickes as they had a deal on and I have a 20% off voucher so they ended up costign me about £11pm for white so that didnt seem to bad. Im hopinh that it can be two days but we shall see. Ill be there for 7:30 and working as late as I can but they have a child with a mental illness so cant be banging around too late. fingers crossed it goes ok and I can earn some money.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to 17 mtres of metro in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
I'm taking on my first tiling job in my utility room. Planning to just tile around the worktop...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB