UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss 1st post advice about priming wall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

nmt69

Hi guys/girls, First off i'd like to say what a great forum for getting hints and tips from. I've spent the last week reading post after post after post getting some tips to start my first tiling project (re doing my bathroom) and i'm glad i did as i thought i could tile over the emulsion :mad2: i've now stripped all the emulsion off back to the skimmed plasterboard (it was half tiled half painted) i've got mapei pro flexible adhesive from TG but i didn't get a primer, Is primer a nessesity ? as my nearest TG is 15 mile away to get some primer G but i can pick some sbr up from the local TP if that will suffice.

Look forward to some help

And i'm taking pics as i'm going along so i'll get them up when i'm done

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to 1st post advice about priming wall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there, We have red quarry tiles in our indoor entrance hall and my wife would like to paint...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.