Discuss 2/3 tilers needed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

Hi all, I am just finalising the details for a 10 bathroom refurb at a hotel just south of Grantham on the A1 (easy for access). There is a 3 week time schedule starting from the 1st August (to be confirmed) and to be finished by 20th. All rooms will be empty with the exception of baths/shower trays, and all the tiling is wall tiling. Only one of the 10 has a window, so no reveals to be mucking about with and there is no boxing in to do, it is very straight forward work. The tiles are 330x250mm ceramics with a 3 row mosaic border (the mosaic is 1mm thinner than the field tile so there will be no issue with packing out). Adhesive will be mapei proflex, and grout will be BAL, all other materials will be provided including spacers and sponges etc. Now for the bad bit, due to the time scale and budget the existing 8"x6" tiles will remain despite my advice being given, and I have reluctantly agreed after examining each room and doing weight calculations, so if you are not happy tiling onto tile please do not inquire. Valid liability insurance is essential and I will need to see a portfolio of previous work please. Despite the tile on tile situation, I still expect a high standard of work as this is just the 1st phase of the refurbishment of the hotels bedrooms. I can not guarantee that future work will come from this but if these first 10 are successful there are 10 more due to be done in November. Please PM or email [email protected] if you wish to be considered for this work and are available for the dates given above.

Kind regards
Bri

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to 2/3 tilers needed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hope everyone is well. I'm after some advice please. I'm currently having my bathroom tiled...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hello all. We have employed a tiler to do our bathroom and floor tiles. We bought the tiles...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
2/3 tilers needed
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.