• Thread starter Aston
  • Start date
  • Replies 8
  • Views 208

Discuss 2016 Goals in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Aston

Does anybody have any goals they want to achieve this year?
run a marathon, do some charity work, expand their business, lose weight etc etc

I got fit and healthy last year and it goes without saying that I want to build my tiling business back up BUT my goal is to get some training in psychology / counselling so I can help people who need it. Since my dad developed Alzheimers, I've become really interested in how the brain works and why we do what we do so I'm going to find a route into this and use it to help people who need it.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Subscribed
Co.Durham
Business goals : stay focused and hopefully busy , good amount already booked in , so it's looking good.

Personally : I'm looking to increase size and definition in the gym and stay injury free lol lol.. Not easy when your older... :)

@Aston , respect Ed and hope you achieve your goals.

O

Old Mod

Respect @Aston,
Tough field to be involved in!
My wife and I have had a permanent foster placement for coming up 10yrs now a boy with mental health issues, he's 14 and very demanding in every aspect of life.
My wife in particular is very well read in psychology and strives on a daily basis to improve his quality of life.
It can become an all consuming field of study,
and I wish you the very best of luck!
Just remember to step back once in a while and look in!

A

Aston

hi marc,
i would go down the CBT cognitive behavioural therapy route. think it will take about 4-5 yrs part time. Psychology is such a broad subject and takes years to establish yourself so I have to be realistic about what I could hope to achieve..If I can just help a person improve their out look to life or maybe just help them understand why they are what they are, then that'll do me. Its not going to replace my day job, just something I can do voluntary or of an evening or weekend.

Wishiwasatoptiler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Northeast
Does anybody have any goals they want to achieve this year?
run a marathon, do some charity work, expand their business, lose weight etc etc

I got fit and healthy last year and it goes without saying that I want to build my tiling business back up BUT my goal is to get some training in psychology / counselling so I can help people who need it. Since my dad developed Alzheimers, I've become really interested in how the brain works and why we do what we do so I'm going to find a route into this and use it to help people who need it.

Respect @Aston,
Tough field to be involved in!
My wife and I have had a permanent foster placement for coming up 10yrs now a boy with mental health issues, he's 14 and very demanding in every aspect of life.
My wife in particular is very well read in psychology and strives on a daily basis to improve his quality of life.
It can become an all consuming field of study,
and I wish you the very best of luck!
Just remember to step back once in a while and look in!
hats off to you two gents.

My goals
Personal - continue to raise money for cancer, like most folk these days someone close has been touched by this disease, spend more time training and lose the two stone im carrying around.

Business - continue to improve on every job I do and expand my knowledge of tiling, might have to find a new forum for the latter. Lol. Only joking....

P

p4ulo

I tried to get on the volunteering scene last year(2015!!), but left it a bit late, and Christmas was all full everywhere. Me and the gf did end up going to help out filling hampers for families who were poor for about 6 hours before Christmas, which felt good but not enough to me TBH!
Actually, since my divorce (2 years ago, -£80k equity and now shelling out a ton of child maintenance) and the pressures of new flat fixing up, knee injury and surgery (nearly a year ago now since skiing fail) juggling having my 2 girls as much as I can and working a 40hr+ day job with the pressures of overtime at a moments notice, the other thing I really love doing (tiling) has fallen by the wayside.
I'm hoping to apply some more time to tiling this year, but not at the detriment of anything else!! ARGH!!
Still, on the plus side, I have love in my heart, a gorgeous GF, gorgeous children and a view of Poole Harbour everyday from my flat!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to 2016 Goals in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB