Discuss 20m2 600x600 bnq porcelain quote? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

Martino

Hi guys just a quicky....I have heard these 600x600 B n Q specials are nasty to cut so just wanted a heads up on the pricing....are they flat or are they a bugger?.....I have read that they chip very easily...its a kitchen floor so there will be alot of cuts..most will be hidden and if i can ill get the skirting off for a better finish.

What if any would you put on top of your normal price for the messing about.,..if any?

S

Stef

I laid a 12m kitchen and quote a few was bowed and made my life hell. I used a rubi ts 60 plus and quite a few tiles smashed to bits as it didn't want to break. In the end I was scoring and snapping by hand. I guess different batches may be different.

60+ won't cut them mate, not suitable for porcs.

Should have scored them then tapped them along the back of the tile with your snips as long as the cut was quite large.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to 20m2 600x600 bnq porcelain quote? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

K
Good Morning All Just been to check out a possible job and soon sitting down to do a quote...
Replies
Views
kaharrison9
K
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
T
I've got a Rubi DU200LBL. When I cut hard porcelain almost always 'breaks' when I reach the last...
Replies
Views
Rookery
R
P
My goodness - what a palaver!! So, I've been tiling my own wet-room with TOPPS 60x30 Polished...
Replies
Views
Billy Hunt
B
K
Hello Tile Gurus :) I have already laid about 35m2 of 600x600 porcelain tiles onto a very dry...
Replies
Views
S

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB