Discuss 20mm of tubbed... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

united

Started a job today on shower room, started removing the existing tiles and found them to have tubbed addy spread around the edge of each tile at a depth of between 15mm to 20mm :yikes:

Once I got the first tile off the rest just fell of in rows, only the grout holding them on.

Here are some photos too...

1.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

:ban:

R

Rob Z

Mark, we had one job about 3 years ago where the previous contractor used mastic to level the floors. :yikes: I knew what we would find before we even started the demo because the customer told me "they had fans running for days and the floor leveling compound would dry" .:mad2: They had charged her extra for having to lose days off of their schedule and said it was "the conditions in her condo that caused the problem".

We got the tile off of the mastic which had by that time turned to a rubbery sheet. We peeled the entire sheet off the slab in about 6 or 7 pieces.

Like your job, average thickness ~1/2" to 3/4" .

I have pictures of that disaster of a job somewhere, and if I find them I'll post them.

R

Richard Edwards

Uch :incazzato: what on earth do people think there trying to do with things like that. In my experience, most of these awful practices are DIY efforts although some are also so called ' trade ' [Not sure what trade ?]

That said if you look at the tiles in the photo No1 they are in contact with the addy to about 50% - so its why they have not fallen off before. Mind you, it would have taken several weeks to dry out !

That said how many of you have fixed 1000mm x 333mm tiles and similar large format porcelain. What method to you use ? I tell you what we do after I've had a few offerings.

Richard

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to 20mm of tubbed... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Can I trouble some experts in here for some advice on laying pavers on a concrete pool surround...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
20mm of tubbed...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.