Currently reading:
20mm porcelain tiles

Discuss 20mm porcelain tiles in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com.

Hi all
Just joined the forum, have visited many times before ,when I needed advice and have always found, somebody asking same question, such a great forum with professional advice . I am a joiner by Trade so always involved with kitchens so if Tiler not available started doing splash backs etc .
Now doing my patio, kept putting off but now cant leave house and needed something to do. 20mm porcelain tiles what saw and cutter would you recommend I have a small & large angle grinder and a Broccalina wet saw but don't know if it could handle 20mm porcelain tiles. Don't want to buy a top of the range machine as I don't do enough tiling to warrant it . Have looked at Norton tr202 but just seen cuts upto 15mm .Any advice much appreciated
Regards
Danescourt
==

Hi Albert
Thanks for your reply , thought I had to get a wet cutter , have a lot of cuts to make, worried about cutting them straight want to make it look neat . have used angle grinder on porcelain before just for cut outs, cutting a row all the same free hand bit of a task for me thanks again
[automerge]1586724700[/automerge]
I would do the same as Albert ,we buy cutting wheels from ATS price and service always good
[automerge]1586725538[/automerge]
I would do the same as Albert ,we buy cutting wheels from ATS price and service always good
[automerge]1586725630[/automerge]
[automerge]1586725679[/automerge]
[automerge]1586725795[/automerge]
Hi finlay
thanks for reply much appreciated

Last edited:
P

Perfect Tiling

If you want to cut tiles straight with a grinder and blade...clamp a piece of wood to the tile and run the blade against it. If you want to stop dust or the blade overheating use a hose to direct water onto the blade....as long as the water isn't getting to the electrics its fine. You can always clean up the cut edge with a rubbing stone or pad....with this lockdown you'll have plenty of time.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to 20mm porcelain tiles in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes. We...
Replies
Views
Beginner DIY Tiler, I'm contemplating drilling (with ceramic tile carbide tipped drill bits)...
Replies
Views
DIY Tiling; Advice for DIY Tilers So long story short, I have just purchased my first house and...
Replies
Views
This is the Plumbers Forums is now Plumbers Talk Discussion Thread As always; a simple ‘logo’...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views

Tiling Tool Popular Threads

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the Tiling Tools category on TilersForums.com. Find the correct trowels to use with which type of tiling. Find advice on lash clips and levelling systems and more. Our rubi tiling tools and Tile cutters. Sigma tiling tool manufacturer and much much more.