Discuss 23m2 kitchen floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Got to quote for a kitchen floor approx 23m2, tiles are porcelain 600*600
Current substrate is floorboard and is pretty decent, kitchen units are in, got to tile up to legs of units.
Was going to use 6mm hardi from topps but too expensive, £323 for boards!! Cheapest i've found is tilefixdirect @ £224 for 24 sheets 6mm marmox (1250*600), and i estimate 4 bags spf and a box of stainless steel screws, approx £65, and 1 day to fix. Boards fixed with spf and screwed
Estimate 2.5 to 3 days to fix and grout. 4 bags spf and grout £75

My quote is for a builder i get quite a bit of work from, im thinking £1000, inc all materials

what would you be at?

C

charlie1

I'd be using hardie and my price would be more 12-1300 quid inc all materials. Given you do a lot of work for the guy then you may be inclined to go in lighter. I personally think your cutting it very tight with a grand though... Fuel, insurances... All these hidden overheads must be paid.

- - - Updated - - -

i look forward to receiving it :8:

no worries mate, it's awesome.... Built it myself!

Current substrate is floorboard and is pretty decent, kitchen units are in, got to tile up to legs of units.
Was going to use 6mm hardi from topps but too expensive, £323 for boards!! Cheapest i've found is tilefixdirect @ £224 for 24 sheets 6mm marmox (1250*600), and i estimate 4 bags spf and a box of stainless steel screws, approx £65, and 1 day to fix. Boards fixed with spf and screwed

My quote is for a builder i get quite a bit of work from, im thinking £1000, inc all materials

what would you be at?

would you not consider different boards? I pay £7.54 a board for NMP

what would you be at?

As far as my pricing for this.. How many doors. Floor level ? Straight walls?

no doors to work through, floor level good, walls straight but skirting already on

- - - Updated - - -

nope

Ok. If I was to price it, I would stick to what I say with skirting & plinths etc. Which is the floor will be better if skirting is removed.

with the skirts on , leaving an even expansion joint is so difficult more so with 600x600 porcelain and looks a mess,
price wise about £1,400, but would like the skirts removed, will there be end panels to cut around.

yep a few panels to cut around, where the fridge and washing machine goes, some horrible cuts to do. Don't think the builder will remove the skirts.

C

charlie1

Sorry bud I will do. See what happened is, my lap top where it is stored broke and I have been since using invoive2go for iPad! ... But, I have removed the hard drive from lap top so I have it all there. Please email me at [email protected] and I will send you it. That goes for anyone else who would like a copy, just let me know, I'd be more than happy after all the great advice I have received on here.

Reply to 23m2 kitchen floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've taken on the task of tiling my own kitchen, and before I wreck everything and...
Replies
Views
D
Hi Guys I have a tiled kitchen floor that needs replacing to address the hollow and hence mega...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 49260
D

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB