UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss 300*300 quartz tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
now ive tiled 2 full bathrooms over 35m2 in each one,unskimmed plasterboard with 300x300 quartz and one with ply because the joiner said it was fine ;) the ply one fell off within 2 months(i tiled it,he was a good friend but wouldnt listen)i plasterboarded the other 2 before the joiner could put his ore in.
This was over 5 years ago,i knew about cement boards but thought they were just for floors and didnt really know about weights(long before i came on here),anyhow the tiles are stuck solid and i mean solid,i could attatch a rope to a wall and pull with my L200 and the house would come down 1st.
im certainly not saying your wrong dave,maybe ive just been lucky:smilewinkgrin:

just out of curiosity what is the weight of m2 of quartz?

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
christ the gang came out there dave,like i said i was not arguing the fact,i was mealy stating what i had done BEFORE i came on here,would i put bloody quartz on plasterboard now,no i would recommend cement board,i was stating what i did and what has worked for over 5 years and believe me you can not get them off,you boys wanna come to me and try take them off,be my guests lads,i put you up with board and lodging we can go out for a beer

G

Gazzer

Gang ?? apart from the OP, there was only 4 others that commented.....me you Dave and Mark who gave a link that I couldnt find...LOL Gang...hmmm ok

Anyway, What advise are we to give ? Technically correct as laid down by BS, Plaster companies and Adhesive companies plus the TTA or what has been done in the past ?

As a professional I always want the backing of these other companies, if I follow the rules, guidelines etc then should something happen in the future I feel I have done all in my power and used correct methods for the job and so I would expect the support from those other companies in sorting any issues out.

I dont argue the fact that these tiles you say are there for good etc , I have been in this game long enough to have seen things that shouldnt work actually stand the test of time but this is about good advice and not "take a chance".

Beer is always good though :8:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to 300*300 quartz tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.