Discuss 5.6mm porcelain sheets in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi, wondering if anyone has used these 3000x1200x5.6mm porcelain sheets, I bought the rubi slim system cutter last week to tackle these but I managed to get one cut 3000x370mm but then lost the next 3 sheets as they just split when I tried to break them, I got the two ends started with the hand snappers supplied but as soon as I put pressure on to complete the break they split in half, I also tried angle grinding one but this split as well, any advice would be appreciated,
john,

Have'nt fixed those but have the 1200x600x .48mm and do find that care has to taken when snapping.
The one you describe with the Rubi cutter needs running over a couple times viewing the utube vid.
hi whitebeam,
thanks for your reply, I've always been of the understanding that you should only score once don't tell me I've been doing it wrong all these years ha ha,
john,

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to 5.6mm porcelain sheets in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
I am planning to tile bathroom with large porcelain tiles 1200x600 over water-resistant backer...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a bit of an issue. Had some tiles laid down, and the builder put Antinox Handy...
Replies
Views
Dear TilersForum Thank you so much for the outstanding advice and expert information over time...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, its my first post on there though have been gaining useful tips for a while so thanks...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB