Discuss 6 Year Wet Room Leak, Am I Liable in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

Handyeire

Just got a call from a 6yr client. I installed this wet room and last night it pissed a leak and going by what the client says, he thinks its the drain and was saying hes wanting me to fix the drain, plaster and paint the ceiling below for free.

This is before I've even looked at it but if the drain is leaking and its been 6 year since you did it, would you take the hit with this or refused to do it for free. TBH I don't mind giving my time for free if its not to much but having to fork out money as well is asking abit much seeing as its been 6 years.

ttt tiling

TF
Arms
brackley
Just got a call from a 6yr client. I installed this wet room and last night it pissed a leak and going by what the client says, he thinks its the drain and was saying hes wanting me to fix the drain, plaster and paint the ceiling below for free.

This is before I've even looked at it but if the drain is leaking and its been 6 year since you did it, would you take the hit with this or refused to do it for free. TBH I don't mind giving my time for free if its not to much but having to fork out money as well is asking abit much seeing as its been 6 years.
A £50000 car has what , a 3 year warranty ,so ethically you are in no way obliged to do the repair . If he's demanding you repair the fault and repair the damage ., I would remind him that the warranty on the drain parts was probably only a year . I f he gets testy tell him to contact the drain suppliers and see how far he gets

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I too wouldn't guarantee work for 6 years. All the parts will be standard 1 year I'd have thought. Also wear and tare over 6 years is going to come into effect.

It might be worth taking a look. But I'd be charging a call out inspection fee that you will refund off the price of the repairs. And I'd be happy to also provide a discount as he's a repeat customer (not sure how that would go down lol he seems annoyed and demanding) but I certainly wouldn't do it for free and pay parts and labour and I'd make that clear before I got in the van to call around because I can see where this is going.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

here we go its your fault for new building work he has carried out in the house probaly an ensuit that he wont show you or a change he did himself to the room you did if a wet room does not leak for six years what now makes it leak like a sive new work added some were else conniting to yours so the other builders gone bust or he did it him self and now wants you to pay.your limtations stopped after 5 years i would go round have a look dont look for whats there. but looks for whats not there now .you are being had over .my guess would be the push fits on his plumbing have given way as the rubbers hardened

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to 6 Year Wet Room Leak, Am I Liable in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and after your advice and collective knowledge please? I am in the...
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W
H
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We are renovating our house and a year ago...
Replies
Views
mache
M
V
Just been to a well respected bathroom place with a fairly well formed plan of how to do my...
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W
A
This isnt actually a tile question but its about a wet room I installed few weeks ago. I have a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB