UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss 60 min make over in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

Nick Dickens

I have taken a day off work today as i have been working everyday for the past month or so!....ive just flicked the tv on and.....60 minute make over is on......how do these people get a job?.....if anyone like that did anything near as bad as that in my house id get done for murder!!

These programs should be banned. Gives people false hopes that there job will be done in 60 mins!

"this will take me 3 days love..."
"How come, they can refurbish a whole house in 60 mins on TV!"

mz30

TF
Arms
liverpool
Its a tv show nick,do you really think it all happens in 60 mins?

They have all the time beforehand to prep etc as a quote from the shows website says

Absolutely – we wouldn’t be able to call the show 60 Minute Makeover otherwise. We do have time to prepare the property before the makeover, as we show in the programme, but the actual transformation is done within the hour. The tea break after the first 30 minutes allows the paint to dry.

What they dont say is how long that tea break is,could be 5 hours waiting for the paint to dry,meanwhile tilers are attacking the bathroom etc,at the end of the day its like watchin corrie its all there for the drama.

T

Time's Ran Out

We did a 'Better Homes' with Carol Vordeman and George Bond in 1999 and the house gained £8500 in value in the week! That was in spite of approx £35,000 being spent on it and needless to say we won.
The other house had the budget of £3500 spent on it and the occupants complained to Granada television afterwards as to the standard and amount of work completed. George and I went to view the work about 3 months later when the dust had settled and the top design feature was the bowl of stones on the original black MDF table.
In this programme it was 7 days hard work, with the film crew popping in all the time to 'catch' the twins working!!!!!!!!! (topping up their tans most of the time).
And the best part of it was - IT'S ALL FREE.
These days though I can just about manage 60 minutes.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to 60 min make over in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
We’re currently having our bathrooms fully redone including stripping back, boarding, tiling...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Please help me. Really having a nightmare here. Just moved into a new house and the...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.