Discuss 600x600 floor tiles on wall?? in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

D

davy_G

Bare plaster, is that finish plaster over a scratch coat over blocks, finish over plasterboard or scrstch over blocks?
Plaster board cant hold too much weight and if its plastered i wouldnt put 600x 600 on it.

I wouldnt use rapid set on walls, goes off to quick in the bucket. Use a good single part flexi, with a 4 (ish) hr pot life. Check with your local tile shop, it probably isnt self priming so prime the walls first.

T

The D

Unfortunately the tiles you have are to heavy for your walls even the thinnest 600 by 600 porcelain tiles are 10mm thick and they will be 23.88 Kg/m2 and if they are 12mm they will be 27.82 Kg/m2 as it says in whitebeam’s link (excellent stuff by the way whitebeam) as for the adhesive it will need to be flexible cement based adhesive and the walls will have to be primed with acrylic primer as cement based adhesive will not adhere directly on to gypsum based backgrounds. :thumbsup:

G

GazTech

Unfortunately the tiles you have are to heavy for your walls even the thinnest 600 by 600 porcelain tiles are 10mm thick and they will be 23.88 Kg/m2 and if they are 12mm they will be 27.82 Kg/m2 as it says in whitebeam’s link (excellent stuff by the way whitebeam) as for the adhesive it will need to be flexible cement based adhesive and the walls will have to be primed with acrylic primer as cement based adhesive will not adhere directly on to gypsum based backgrounds. :thumbsup:
Spot on advice Deano, without priming, gypsum can react with cement based adhesive causing failure....:yes:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to 600x600 floor tiles on wall?? in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, hoping someone can help with advice. We purchased 600 x 600 tiles for our bathroom floor...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB