Discuss 600x900 limestone in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

jstrats

TF
Have a job to price using 600x900x20mm (azul valverde flamed)

Conservatory interior and exterior around conservatory, screed which is flat as a pancake will be around 3-4 weeks old by the time i tile it, they also have UFH, which is the best way to go here? Was thinking Durabase, is Bal Green screed suitable for this type of tile.

Just seeing how others would go about it.

Thank you good people.

Jamie.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Have a job to price using 600x900x20mm (azul valverde flamed

Conservatory interior and exterior around conservatory, screed which is flat as a pancake will be around 3-4 weeks old by the time i tile it, they also have UFH, which is the best way to go here? Was thinking Durabase, is Bal Green screed suitable for this type of tile.

Just seeing how others would go about it.

Thank you good people.

Jamie.
How deep is the screed? 4 weeks is not enough time imo. Is the screed sand and cement? anhydrite?

C

Concrete guy

Schluter say detra can be layed on screed (with a suitable adhesive) as soon as you can walk on it, and can then be tiled. No need to wait weeks for full cure.

This was one of the fundamental reasons behind the very design and development of Ditra Matting, to allow fast track installation on green screeds.

I understand how these specifications have become belt and braces over the years, particularly since I quit tiling, but we fitted 1000m2's of limestone and marble on concrete screen with UFH over the years and never needed any form of uncoupling membrane on a properly set screed.

The only time we did use Ditra was on green screeds, as back then, that's what it was designed for.

BTW, Azul Valverde (Blue Valley) is a lovely Portuguese stone, very dense for a limestone but it's an absolute pig to grout when flamed. Do consider "pointing" instead of grouting, it will save time in the long run.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to 600x900 limestone in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

After some advice please..... We have approx. 50sq m of Dijon limestone 600 x 90 x15mm and also...
Replies
Views
Opinions please gents. I've been to see a job this morning where the homeowner has seemingly...
Replies
Views
On one
O
S
I am a customer not a tiler! My architect wants to lay limestone tiles directly on to the...
Replies
Views
T
I've just bought 85m2 of these Limestone Tiles The sub-base consists of a wet UFH system...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
O
So after a couple of weeks trialing @ISOMAT UK products, thought it was time to give initial...
Replies
Views
S

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB