Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss 800mm + Dry Cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

L

luckybri

Hi All

New to the forum, but seems very informative...

I have been given a job to tile a rather impressive new build.

Am fine with the wall tiles, but have 285 sq. metres of 800 x 800 Porcelain Floor tiles. My bridge saw will cut up to 600mm, so is of no use with regard to the floor tiles.

I have seen the Rubi TX-900 & TX-900-N. Not quite sure what the difference is, and which is the more suitable for the job, and is it only Rubi that manufacture a dry cutter up to this size?

The Porcelain tiles are 10mm thick by the way.

Any info/advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

Brian

L

luckybri

Hi Again!

Thanks for all the welcome messages, seems you're all a friendly bunch.

Okay, confession time, when I say I have been given the job, it's not actually me that's gonna be doing the work!! I have a few guys working for me, which I'm even more thankful for now, as I don't think my back would stand up to the task!!!

Sorting out the cutter was quite a tough choice. Unless you actually try them all, how do you know which one is the best? (And at over £300 a pop for each one, that's not really an option).

Anyhow, after doing as much research as I could bear I opted for the TX-900-N Rubi cutter. If it's of interest, I'll post up a response when the guys have finished the job- may be of use to somebody else doing a similar job, and with the meterage we'll be doing it will certainly be thoroughly tested!

As for CTD, I called them today (Kenley Branch) and they said they did not hire tools out :thumbsdown: . I think, perhaps, other branches do but my local one doesn't, so I have forked out instead. If it doesn't get used again in the next couple of months, there's always ebay!!!

Cheers

Brian

Reply to 800mm + Dry Cutter in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I need advice on score and snap cutting of large porcelain tiles, lets say, over 1000 mm long...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Welcome to the Which Tile Cutter is Best? Thread I'm tidying up the forum a little bit, and in...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
800mm + Dry Cutter
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • BAL

Votes: 25 29.4%