UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss A bad week or so!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Fred

I started a bathroom for the bathroom fitting company I've been working for a week ago friday. Returned monday, 600 x 600 hard porcelian. Told him I'm sure he was short of tiles. Come tuesday the same record.:mad2:

Wednesday I ran out so grouted, he turned up at 2pm, oh, the tiles are at the warehouse, 10 miles away, looking at me like I would jump up and use my van to get them! Sorry mate, got to get materials for my job you know I'm off to tomorrow before the shop shuts, but can I at least have some pay as I've been here 4 days now?

Waited around as he told the lads what to do in another bathroom being readied for me, walked up and gave me 100 pounds! Thoughts please,

ANd the other job I started thursday, my own private job, I told the client ( a very nice Frence ex-special forces bloke) to buy 15m2 of travertine. I turned up, and he had only bought 12m2......WHY!! He went all the wat to St Albans, got it off the net for 8 pounds m2, spent all that money on petrol and buys less than I told him.............because, as he said, after I left the night of the accepted quote he thought I was wrong on the m2 so measured it himself and got what he thought. Asked for pay today as it wasn't my fault , price was 500 pounds, handed me 150.................

Over a weeks work for 250 pounds..................can the council re-house me as I've missed my mortgage payment...........................

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fred

ANd the French bloke, this will make you laugh, wanted the trav in the bathroom to be level with the newly instualled wooden floor in the lounge. I tried and tried to show him on day 1 the wooden floor ran out of level and that my tiles were leveled! After almost, what seemed endless him with a level, stated he would plan down the 2mm difference and that my floor was ace..........:incazzato::mad2:

And him and his wife gave me a sandwich from m&s each day, out of date sold stuff, chicken, prawns, no thanks I'll pass.....................

F

Fred

I've had no probs with customers this week (phew, doug mops his brow!) next week could be a diffo story tho....

Hope its the same for me as well Doug. Starting, and finishing, bathrooms for that bathroom fitter monday. Going to asked him nicely for my pay. Got to keep them sweet!

Going to a quote tomorrow, but can't go until the man comes home from church......good for him.

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
I'm gonna have fun next week on a job.

Booked in to start Monday.

Guy has been penny pinching on this and other works, and is getting his tiles from Ebay......he phoned me up Thursday to check if they will be suitable. He hadn't ordered them yet ffs.
"I'm due in Monday" I remind him.

"Oh, I'll phone you in 10 mins he said. He didn't :incazzato:
He phoned eventually today to tell me that the tiles will be in sometime Monday.......so I start Tuesday.

Just seen the link for his tiles, full monty pack......tiles,borders,adhesive & grout etc.

His pack comes with 8 linear metres of border.

I have already told him he needed 10 metres :dizzy2::dizzy2:

This guy wants his kitchen floor tiling, complete with insulation boards and UFH.

He has been a pain in the ar55e, phoning, emailing and texting me god knows how many times.

If it wasn't for the so called recession.........I'd tell him to shove it :yikes:

F

Fred

This bloke said he would pay via on-line banking yesterday, checked my bank 11 pm, no money! Rang him in the morning, would'nt answer the phone, left a messege. Got a text, yes the famous text, oh it will be in by 10 am!

Then got a call saying he couldn't get to pipes as he forgot to tell me where he wanted an excess panel, oh, I'll sort it out this morning, got my money mate! Client has friends arriving this evening from Oz..............money waiting.............:hurray:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to A bad week or so!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hope everyone is well. I'm after some advice please. I'm currently having my bathroom tiled...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I had a very unprofessional tiler who did a lot of errors and left my bathroom...
Replies
Views
Tiling my en-suite was part of a larger build project. The builder subcontracted the tiler who...
Replies
Views
Bathroom being refurbished. A load of things have been rushed like some loosely rollered (not...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.