Discuss A bit of a dilemma help please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tilerwiler

Hi everyone Im new to this site and have done a bit of tiling before but Im stuck here.

I have been tiling my bathroom for my folks and upon taking the tiles off the wall behind its was very wet like damp with a bit of mould ( its a solid wall like block with skim) and I also noticed that some of the tiles when I knocked on em sounded hollow, now my tiling course told me that its the tiles "boasting"? Anyways the tiles are off an the wall has thankfully dried out :) but now the lower part (that was wet) is all dusty as in the plaster is rub off in your hands?

Which leads me to my next question, how do I seal the wall and what with, before you say yes I have read the threads about tanking, and not using PVA but I noticed no one has mentioned you can get a "waterprrof PVA" now would this solve that pva problem?

I need help asap as we have no shower atm and only a bath so help would be mucho appreciated

Thanks for helping me :)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to A bit of a dilemma help please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
Hi, Im looking for a recommendation for a liquid tanking. I have to use a liquid tanking...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
A bit of a dilemma help please
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.