UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss A few more tracks in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Just listening to the first one, curious after your previous post, wow, you are really good! How is the progress re turning semi-pro going? And why semi? I really like your voice, not a Sinatra fan, but I prefer your voice to Elton's, a lovely warmth but oomphy quality to it. Like as if you were chomping at the bit to go for more, lovely... you make is sound very easy. Will listen to the rest later on. :thumbsup:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Listened to the elton one, spot on. I'll have to listen to the others a bit later.

Do you use software to mix the music and voice?

Thankyou dan. I use software for final tweaking adding things like reverb and sort of bass treble mix if necessary but i record straight out of my mixer onto either soundforge or audacity.

I decided not to tweak these tracks so they are straight rom the mixer onto the computer.

This is what you would hear if it was live basically.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Just listening to the first one, curious after your previous post, wow, you are really good! How is the progress re turning semi-pro going? And why semi? I really like your voice, not a Sinatra fan, but I prefer your voice to Elton's, a lovely warmth but oomphy quality to it. Like as if you were chomping at the bit to go for more, lovely... you make is sound very easy. Will listen to the rest later on. :thumbsup:

Thankyou mg....... Oomphy..... Hmmm! Never been described as oomphy before but i think i like it.......

U

user123

Thankyou mg....... Oomphy..... Hmmm! Never been described as oomphy before but i think i like it.......

The oomph comes through best, to my ears anyhow, in the first one, it sounds the most confident to me, I just listened to the others. The Frank Sinatra one, even though not my favourite has some really difficult timing in it, hasn't it, and breath control, and you did all that perfectly. All amazing really. :thumbsup:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Standard microphone into mixer plus sound source into same mixer. Mixer control room setting out to computer and record as single track. There are other ways but that is how i do it so basically these are live recordings and not layered tracks. Some get more than one take. Some have little imperfections that you would expect from a live recording.

I use a very small berringher 1002fx mixer which was £70 and has turned out to be an awsome peice of kit for the price.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to A few more tracks in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Hi - looking for a bit of advice if anyone has experienced this. Hands up I am completely...
Replies
Views
Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
HELP! I'm really hoping someone might be able to give me some advice..... our cleaner just used...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.