UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss a little advice on travertine needed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi all,

I have recently just tiled this travertine wetroom, all is good and the customer is well chuffed. The little problem i have is where the sink sits the peice of trav its sat on is just slightly overhanging the tile underneath it by about 1/2mm. My question is, whats the best way to rub the tile down so there's no lip/overhang? I dont want to use a grinder really to keep dust down, i'm i right to use wet and dry paper? what grade, in what order? how long do you think it will take, cheers.

007.jpg 011.jpg 006.jpg

D

DHTiling

Ahh right i see where you mean now.. on the front of the sink block..

That is easy to do.. Use 50 grit paper to take the tile back to flush and then go up in grades to bring it back to honed finish..

so 50 grit:80 grit:120 grit:200 wet and dry and then finish with 400 wet and dry... that should leave it looking good.. make sure you do not sand the sides or top pieces.. the colour shading in that trav is sufficient to blend..

the customer has noticed it, its on the right hand side of the sink (the middle picture) He's told the plumber it leaves a slight shadow when the light above mirror is on. I've got the main bathroom to do aswell at the same house next week in the same trav, might talk to customer and see if he can live with it, if he cant i'll just have to sort it. If only real option is grinder then thats what i'll do??

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to a little advice on travertine needed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
I've bought what I thought were floor tiles for my bathroom. They are 600 x 300 x 8.5mm ceramic...
Replies
Views
Ceramike
C
I'm hoping someone here can give me some advice! I'm re-tiling my shower after needing to rip...
Replies
Views
I am doing a shower tile installation on mold-resistant drywall and I am waterproofing with...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Preston

Thread Information

Title
a little advice on travertine needed
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.