Discuss A mate has packed -it-in !! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

Yes i telephoned a pal of mine in scotland today, he is in a partnership who tile swimming pools and stuff in scotland, and sadly they have called it a day, after struggling for a long time and have gone to work for company s, it all came together as i have seen a rise in Scottish company s coming to me for estimates , so i suppose it's my gain in a way ,but i feel sad as they are great guys ! it might work even more in my favour ,as the guy i was talking to said he would put any-work my way!! OH well it's a sign of the times :thumbsdown:

very sad it is ,if i had enough of the stuff that makes the world go round i think i would give it all up now,to many people undercutting and the likes ,i was getting better prices ten years ago,and at one time you used to more or less know your busy periods ,but not any more,the way things are at the moment i dont think a lot of folks can afford new bathrooms and kitchenswithout putting themselves under a lot of pressure,can only hope things will improve as the building trade has lost its way imo and not through its own fault

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to A mate has packed -it-in !! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello. Can I take your advice please? Our groundworks company are refusing to guarantee their...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, new to the forum and after some advice if possible. Without boring you with my life...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB