UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss A new hello from the Isle of Wight! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Clampers

Hi Guys!
I've got about 100 Porcelain tiles to lay:yikes:
I'm going to be using my cheapie MACallister wet saw for internal corner cuts (not too many). The current diamond blade has done a fair amount of work - what signs should I look for to indicate that it needs replacement? Do they just get blunter & more inefficient or can you tell by the 'smoothness' or the edge of the blade or what? The diamond chips are still visible.
Thanks. Clampers (Isle of Wight)
PS I keep getting a message that tells me I should add my location to my profile - but I know I did!

D

DHTiling

hello17.gif

Sometimes when a blade is slow to cut, then it can just need honing to release new diamonds, this can be done by running a piece of soft sandstone through the blade a few times dry, the best sandstone to use is walling stone... once the diamond rim wears down to around a couple mm then it needs replacing.

C

Clampers

Hi Guys - thanks for the warm welcome, TF's refreshingly active it seems! What I didn't mention was that they're 600x600 tiles - so about 35 sq. m !
Dave Howe Tiling - that's excellent, really useful, ill give it a go.
Schlüter Systems - thanks, I'll do that.
AliGage, I'm pretty central, just north of a place called Merstone with amazing views. Moved here from Soms/Wilts border - I thought I was retiring from designing / making Shaker furniture & kitchens and doing a bit of property development but it seems that my wife had other ideas - viz moving into a rather tired Georgian house and "...doing something for us now"
Hey-ho, such is life! Cheers guys!
Clampers
"Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?"

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to A new hello from the Isle of Wight! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

W
Had 2 blades delivered from ATS and tried them out on Porcel-Thin as my Montolit Pro-Gres seemed...
Replies
Views
TheNamek
T
H
Hi I have previously tiled with ceramic tiles but this is my first foray into the world of...
Replies
Views
SJPurdy
S
D
How do I drill a hole in a steel bath. Or cast iron bath. Instructions on drilling into baths...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
Hello, I am a somewhat novice tiler but I do enjoy tiling so I'm always keen to have a go. I...
Replies
Views
H
Hi all, Have been following the forum for a couple of months now and thought it was time I...
Replies
Views
White Room
W

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.