Discuss A Poll for Primer Application in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
I'm losing big style with the sprayer!!!!
It does work, not on all stuff, it's controlable and then you can back back roll for floors or wipe with a sponge for walls, it doesn't run down your arms.

Not saying it doesn't work. I think it would struggle though on a low porosity substrate.

B

bugs183

Totally agree Ajax about your thoughts here, i've been using this method and all the others for years and it really does work on the right job.

As i say you don't just spray it, it needs to be worked in so you can do that as you cut in. Obviously you can't use it in someones new kitchen!! But then primer on rollers, sponges and brushes aren't the most splash free method either.
I use a hand sprayer or the larger pump sprayer (green ones £15 B&Q) for big floors.

But some things have to be rolled or sponged, ie Mape Ecoprim grip etc.

I could be very wrong, but with a sprayer you could spray on to anhydrite for example a light coat, then back roller it, this way you can control how much is being applied, with a roller or a brush, you tend to slap a big dollop on and then push it around, which in my opinion could over saturate the substrate. If the floor looks like it needs some more priming, its very easy to do again, you can do it standing up and it gets done much quicker.

Reply to A Poll for Primer Application in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have the old stock no more ply down unprimed. (Their new stock comes pre-primed). Mapei...
Replies
Views
I'm having a nightmare trying to establish product info from distributors. For example...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
So I may have done an oopsie. We are putting self-levelling compound down over floor where I...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB