Discuss a special thanks to alan jackson in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

alan has been helping me on a project involving an anhydrite screed these last few weeks where there has been an element of misunderstanding of the necessity for screed to be dry before stone fixing takes place.
I had actually set out my recommendations in my quote which have not changed but with his help,site visits and reitteration of my recommendations ,he has made sure that we have now arrived at a point when i can lay a beautiful reclaimed stone floor for a very prestiguous job .
what i have learnt over last few years and most of this was from him , is that you do not have to be frightened of these screeds but you must make sure that they are dried and commissioned properly.
I have made my own formula which i did so with mark from tilemaster and this is as safe as i can get in my view.
fo the record i go prime plus , anhyfix to anchor down ditra and then setaflkex on top to bed stone.
i am totally confident with this but only if screed dry as per recommendation.that anhyfix under ditra is very important for my peace of mind.
alan ,you have been a great help for me on this project backing me up and i will do my best to get you back in to see the the finished floor which will not be something you are used to !!
estate manager is very happy and grateful man for your help tonight !!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to a special thanks to alan jackson in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB