UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss a test we can all take part in in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

well we look at the bag of adshesive 15kg 20kg 22kg 25kg and think the 25 kg will give more but is this realy the case when we done a little vid we found that a bag of 25kg kerrkoll made 22 litres of sticky that a bag of tilemaster light wieght 15 kg made 20 litres of sticky so how many litres do you get out of yours .so should a bag of sticky realy be sold by how many litres of useable sticky it makes? not kg. price per litre made is a good conparisment

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
A bit like toilet roll Ray. When you buy that, in my supermarket it gives a price breakdown of pence per sheet. So you could buy the cheapest pack of 4 rolls and they may be more expensive per sheet than a pricier roll. Read the small print!!!

Great point Ray though, how far does a bag go. I'll be testing that one out next week.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Loving the tests too!

It would be nice to say how many litres you get out of a bag rather than meter coverage which can clearly change quite a bit.

But then perhaps; just thinking out loud here - 10 litres of one brand might cover X meters. But on the very same floor, 10 litres of Y might cover more, or less, maybe?

So a true test would perhaps need to include how many KG's a bag is. How many litres per KG's you get. And how many meters per litres you get?

Lip.dk that uses 'glass balls' instead of sand might differ greatly. I bet I could get you a few bags for testing and comparison if you wanted?

C

Colour Republic

A bit like toilet roll Ray. When you buy that, in my supermarket it gives a price breakdown of pence per sheet. So you could buy the cheapest pack of 4 rolls and they may be more expensive per sheet than a pricier roll. Read the small print!!!

Great point Ray though, how far does a bag go. I'll be testing that one out next week.

You tight bugger! :rofl:

R

Loving the tests too!

It would be nice to say how many litres you get out of a bag rather than meter coverage which can clearly change quite a bit.

But then perhaps; just thinking out loud here - 10 litres of one brand might cover X meters. But on the very same floor, 10 litres of Y might cover more, or less, maybe?

So a true test would perhaps need to include how many KG's a bag is. How many litres per KG's you get. And how many meters per litres you get?

Lip.dk that uses 'glass balls' instead of sand might differ greatly. I bet I could get you a few bags for testing and comparison if you wanted?
send them down we have two test to do first but will get this done next will see what you send and pick a few more bands to test will probaly do this after stress testing the decoulplers vs balflex

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
send them down we have two test to do first but will get this done next will see what you send and pick a few more bands to test will probaly do this after stress testing the decoulplers vs balflex

G'wan lad.

I'll get 'em to you. :)

Rate we could come up with a whole bunch of things to test?

I want to test tanking systems in your average bathroom. So the WP1 type stuff.

R

G'wan lad.

I'll get 'em to you. :)

Rate we could come up with a whole bunch of things to test?

I want to test tanking systems in your average bathroom. So the WP1 type stuff.
one test at a time but let us know how you would like this tested and will we see if we can think of a way of testing this against untanked i think with the new grouts this would be worth a go

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to a test we can all take part in in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

This is especially for "customers" -anyone who wants to buy or choose their own tiles (whether...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.