UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Ableskills training course in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rayralph2

Just like to say a few word about my 8 week Tiling nvq training course at Ableskills it's brilliant! I've had limited experiance at tiling,but just completed my 4th week and I feel i have progressed leaps and bounds from when I started ,so not only does this course help complete novices some of thom I started with and have done very well, but people with some knowledge like myself.Just finished Natural stone week, I really enjoyed it and feel i did a half decent job, as for this week and the 3 weeks before I can't fault the tuition, Max and Terry are top notch both giving just enought guidance , advice ,freindly banter and encouragment to keep you on the level & plumb lol. As I live 100 miles away I,m stay in ableskills accomadation can't fault it,not the ritz but what can you expect for £20 quid a night clean, tidy and all the amenities needed for a week away from home. Really looking forward to next week and the new knowledge that I pick up. I would reccomend this course to anyone money well spent. Maybe when course is completed I go on a spelling course lol. training course week4 070.jpg
training course week4 072.jpg

Attachments

• training course week4 068.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 188
M

Max@ableskills

Just like to say a few word about my 8 week Tiling nvq training course at Ableskills it's brilliant! I've had limited experiance at tiling,but just completed my 4th week and I feel i have progressed leaps and bounds from when I started ,so not only does this course help complete novices some of thom I started with and have done very well, but people with some knowledge like myself.Just finished Natural stone week, I really enjoyed it and feel i did a half decent job, as for this week and the 3 weeks before I can't fault the tuition, Max and Terry are top notch both giving just enought guidance , advice ,freindly banter and encouragment to keep you on the level & plumb lol. As I live 100 miles away I,m stay in ableskills accomadation can't fault it,not the ritz but what can you expect for £20 quid a night clean, tidy and all the amenities needed for a week away from home. Really looking forward to next week and the new knowledge that I pick up. I would reccomend this course to anyone money well spent. Maybe when course is completed I go on a spelling course lol. View attachment 31782
View attachment 31783

Thanks for the feedback Ray and keep posting your pics. Glad to see that you have joined the forum its an excellent resource.

R

Rayralph2

Don't hesitate about going on this course mate it's excellent, it provides a solid platform for you to achive your NVQ 2, as you probably realise that you build a portfoilo from work experience and meeting certain critrias over a certain amount of time and jobs,but you are steered in the right direction. But just take my advice call able skills and ask the experts. sorry so long reply but away in digs no wi-fi until weekend, good luck.

M

Michael A smith

Hi there, Ralph I just completed my Experienced Worker Practical Assessment NVQ level 2 in Wall & Floor Tiling a month ago at Able Skills and was really impressed with the Skills of the Students such as yourself there! I wish you a bight future as a Tiler I have been a Tiler for 6 years now I needed to get Qualified to work on site for 2012 Max was my Assessor & Instructor & highly recommend the Tiling courses & Qualifications at Able Skills Dartford, Kent

Best Regards

Michael Smith

M

Max@ableskills

Hi there, Ralph I just completed my Experienced Worker Practical Assessment NVQ level 2 in Wall & Floor Tiling a month ago at Able Skills and was really impressed with the Skills of the Students such as yourself there! I wish you a bight future as a Tiler I have been a Tiler for 6 years now I needed to get Qualified to work on site for 2012 Max was my Assessor & Instructor & highly recommend the Tiling courses & Qualifications at Able Skills Dartford, Kent

Best Regards

Michael Smith

Thanks for the feedback michael, hope you now have received your CSCS skilled worker card to get you on site. Your NVQ certificate should be through to you shortly.

We encourage all our candidates to go on to obtain the NVQ.

Glad to be of help and good luck

M

Max@ableskills

Just like to say a few word about my 8 week Tiling nvq training course at Ableskills it's brilliant! I've had limited experiance at tiling,but just completed my 4th week and I feel i have progressed leaps and bounds from when I started ,so not only does this course help complete novices some of thom I started with and have done very well, but people with some knowledge like myself.Just finished Natural stone week, I really enjoyed it and feel i did a half decent job, as for this week and the 3 weeks before I can't fault the tuition, Max and Terry are top notch both giving just enought guidance , advice ,freindly banter and encouragment to keep you on the level & plumb lol. As I live 100 miles away I,m stay in ableskills accomadation can't fault it,not the ritz but what can you expect for £20 quid a night clean, tidy and all the amenities needed for a week away from home. Really looking forward to next week and the new knowledge that I pick up. I would reccomend this course to anyone money well spent. Maybe when course is completed I go on a spelling course lol. View attachment 31782
View attachment 31783

Here you go Ray, picture of your victorian work as promised, nice work mate. 100_1822.jpg

P

peterspurs

Hi there,

Just wanted to pop on and say a few words about my 6 week tiling course I recently completed at Ableskills in Dartford. After being made redundant I decided to retrain, so booked onto a 6 week course of tiling at Ableskills. The course itself was great, went by at a hundred miles an hour! Max and Terry, the instructors were first class throughout, dispensing advice as and when it was needed, unfortunately Max is an Arsenal fan, but I wont hold that against him! here are some photos of the work I did whilst I was there;

020.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

007.jpg

026.jpg

The after service is great as well, I've been badgering Max with advice whenever I have needed it and he's had no problem getting back to me and letting me know what is best for that particular situation, its been invaluable.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Ableskills training course in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Tiling Courses – Learn To Tile 2 Day Tiling Course An introduction to ceramic tiling and...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, just joined so that I can hopefully persuade one or more of you to come and help us teach...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
Be the Best with BAL! The importance of correct training should never be underestimated. As the...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
R
Hi all Basically i'm just after some advice. I'm a 24 year old who's worked in the same office...
Replies
Views
S
Hi I am a self employed roof tiler by trade of over 11 years looking to becoming a wall/floor...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.