Discuss Ableskills! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

The D

How about a little advice then deanotile! its clear your not a fan of the course so what would you suggest? Ive been doing tiling for a while now and love the job. Im just keen to learn. Its clear your a very good tiler as ive watched you youtube videos. Any poiters would be great.
Cheers
Ok you say you are working as a trainee tiler and in my humble opinion that is the best way to learn. so go to a college and do the NVQ. If you are working in the trade why on earth would you do a 6 week tiling course ?? if it is to get the qualification quickly then you may be disappointed with what you get IMO. But it is up to you have a good look in to what these courses have to offer and get some independent advice from people in the industry but do not be fooled by word play.

D

DHTiling

I have been looking at something like this as well. Have about a years experience of tiling which I have self taught myself but really want to get some solid knowledge and a certificate so i can know Im doing things right and also get a red cscs card and earn real money :yikes:

Then you will be highly dissapointed to learn the mickey mouse certificate will not get you a cscs card for tiling. :).. NVQ2 is required.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

The D

If you have been working in the industry as a tiler for 3 or more years you can optane an NVQ 2 by way of on site assessment, exsperanced worker practical assessment route or you can attend an acredited college/centre and provide them with your evidence. All evidence must be site based not simulation! Even if the centre clames to have the closest thing to reality you can get in a centre it is still simulated and will not cout towards you NVQ.

T

The D

The NVQ is there to give people that do a job for a living a qualification hens the Vocation part.

the CSCS cards are there to ensure only qualified professionals make it on to site.

or that is how it is supposed to be but there are people that exploit loop holes and manipulate the way things are worded for there own benefit and do not give a toot Tahoot that it is harming the industry

C

Ceramico tiling

I did some variant of that course a good while back at Able Skills.As far as these courses go they are the best.However I cant see you gaining much more skill than you are already in the position to gain.Your already working on site tiling, and combined with avidly reading this forum there is not much more you can do.I would save my money for advanced stuff that you cant get with your Tiler friend,like marble polishing and stone work courses for example. Not sure about all the qualification paths though.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Ableskills! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
Looking into a city and guilds 6 week course to complete and then a start in this trade. Would...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
J
Hi, I'm currently a desk based engineer but don't particularly enjoy it and would much prefer...
Replies
Views
J
P
Hi all, Having done research on quite a few courses I was wondering what experiences others...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB