Discuss Abutting Mosaics / Large format in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
11mm thick mosaics will probably be fine. Just tap them in gently onto the adhesive with your grout float. Obviously you do not want the adhesive oozing out of the grout lines of the mosaic. Or you could build out the wall a little bit with those mosaic backing sheets. I think they are about 1-2mm thick.

Q

Qwerty

what size(not thickness) are the mosaics ??

I believe he said they were 50x50mm. I think people have been misreading your question. Looks like Deano & John are on the case.
I read it as you have already laid the large format floor tiles and are wanting help with the mosaic on the former (was on lunch break though!) If this is indeed the case, then my initial advice still stands..... Work clean and keep the adhesive bed even (depends on the adhesive bed depth of the main tiles in the first place of course). If say 2-4mm needs to be made up, then you could consider laying a membrane (such as mapetex or homelux) or a thin skim of adhesive before troweling the adhesive for the mosaic. If I have misunderstood, then so be it

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Abutting Mosaics / Large format in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I have 45m2 of 1.2 x 1.2 Mirage 9mm floor tiles to lay. Never done this size before. I’m...
Replies
Views
Looking to lay large format (900x900mm) thin (5.5mm) porcelain floor tiles onto a sand and...
Replies
Views
I’ve got a job using marble geometric mosaics about 10 mm thick. I’ve tried several blades to...
Replies
Views
I’m tiling a ground floor of a house approx 120m through a ground floor with 5 doorways in the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB