Discuss Acceptable tiling in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

I have been finding there seem to be a lot of threads started recently with customers with unrealistic expectations from their tilers and unrealistic expectation from what a professional tiling job should be finished like , a pro tiler should be working where ever possible to 2 standards one being b.s 5385 and the other bs 8000 neither standard state that perfection is the acceptable standard and allow tolerances for the work these standards are there to protect the customer from sub standard work and protect the tiler from loonies with OCD

W

White Room

To be honest I've never known a trade that gets so much flak, I know it's one of the finishing trades but I have to think 2 thirds of a football pitch even before fixing any tile, bowing, size differences colour variations, whats on the floors and walls and being on the ball if any discrepancy's arise during fixing with a customer hanging round your neck saying that not what I thought there'd look like, you bought the bloody things for incredible cheap price over the net.
It's the easiest thing to pick fault with anybodys work no matter how good it is.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Acceptable tiling in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi - we would very much appreciate some advice. In October 2020 we had a sole trader come in to...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
Hi I am after some advice and opinion if the quality of our recently installed tiles is of an...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB