Discuss Acoustic underlay in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

IanA2

Thanks, well £40m2 will cost thousands....and I ain't spending that just on the underlay, so my oyster's pretty small.

More seriously, I think I might be on thinnish ice as I want to lay tiles throughout in a flat that has concrete floors. I'm just wondering if I might get the no no unless I try and sound proof it. That said I can't really see us causing much of a noise to the folks below as we would always wear soft shoes or stocking soles/bare feet.

But, strictly speaking, I'm supposed to get the head leaseholder's permission to lay anything other than carpet. And I'm guessing soundproofing would make that easier.

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Liverpool
I had to tile over an acoustic underlay last summer in a penthouse apartment. Had Instamac spec it for me just to cover my tracks ie make sure I can guarantee the work. They insisted I leave a 10mm gap around all edges, walls, pillars etc. This basically meant no leveller, adhesive, grout or tile edge to be within 10mm of any edge. This gap was then filled with silicone. The skirtings were spaced 5mm above the tiles and that gap was siliconed. The thinking was that sound transferred through the solid structures in the apartments, so by using the silicone we alleviated the problem. I've not had to go back, so I'm presuming it worked!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Acoustic underlay in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I just set new porcelain 8 x 8 tile in my rear entryway (3 ft x 3 ft area). I love the results...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB