Discuss Adhesive / Aligning Floor & Wall Tiles / Where to start?! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi All,

I am looking for some advice on my tiling project. I have tiled quite a few floors before, but this is the first time I have tiled walls! I would be grateful if you could answer the following questions:

1) The Tiles are large size 600 x 300mm which adhesive do you recommend? The walls are plasterboard screwed onto wood frames, the shower and bath areas are tanked.

2) Which is easiest do you think for a DIYer - brick style tiling or normal tiling? I also need to align the floor tiles with the wall tiles as I am using the same for both. I have noticed a few pictures on the internet and for brick tiling they have simply done the floor tiles in the other direction.

3) Where would you start the wall tiling? See picture attached for room layout. I am planning to half tile the majority of the room with full tiling in the shower. As you walk in through the door the first thing you see is the bath - is that a good place to start?

Thanks All

Attachments

• BathTile.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 77
D

DP Tiling

1. Primer G followed by Keraflex maxi (both Mapei products)

2. Square layout is better for wall and floor allignment as broken bond ruins the effect of the clean lines and symmetry in my opinion. Also you will only get a true wall and floor alignment with either a 30x30 or a 60x60 depending on whether you lay the tiles portrait or landscape.

3. If it works set out from the sill of the bath but be careful that it does not give you a slither to the floor and or bring your tiling too high I.e over half height. You're probably better off setting out off the floor with a big cut as this is likely going to give the best aesthetic around the room as a whole and it will be easier to do.

D

DP Tiling

1. Primer G followed by Keraflex maxi (both Mapei products)

2. Square layout is better for wall and floor allignment as broken bond ruins the effect of the clean lines and symmetry in my opinion. Also you will only get a true wall and floor alignment with either a 30x30 or a 60x60 depending on whether you lay the tiles portrait or landscape.

3. If it works set out from the sill of the bath but be careful that it does not give you a slither to the floor and or bring your tiling too high I.e over half height. You're probably better off setting out off the floor with a big cut as this is likely going to give the best aesthetic around the room as a whole and it will be easier to do.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Adhesive / Aligning Floor & Wall Tiles / Where to start?! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Wall & Floor Tiler Queensland Australia Tile Right About the role Seeking a Wall & Floor Tiler...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are redoing our main bathroom and looking for a second opinion on tanking. We have bought...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB