UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Adhesive for "amatuer" tiler, 600m Porcelanosa onto Marmox. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

g60renshaw

I am tiling my family bathroom and ensuite bathroom floors, both un-heated and will be 6mm Marmox boarded over pretty sound floor boards.
I am using 600x600 Porcelanosa Extreme White tiles and would say I am not going to be super quick tiling it as I am a bit of perfectionist and will be taking my time.

I will be using a 15mm notch and was wondering what people recommend for the best flexible adhesive to suit this combo?
Obviously it has to be cement based to suit the marmox, but there seems to be such an array.

This is not a wet room, just a standard bathroom with shower cubicle and freestanding bath on the floor.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Jay

R

Rookery

Adhesive-wise I'd recommend you go for one of the better brands such as Mapei Keraflex Maxi or BAL Single Part Flexible. These are slow setting with a long pot life. Make sure the boards are well screwed down first then fix the Marmox with flexible adhesive and Marmox washers & screws. It would be more practical to fix the Marmox with rapid setting adhesive so you can get onto the floor quicker. Also, make sure you back-skim the tiles as well as combing adhesive on the floor and leave a movement joint around the perimeter to be filled with silicone.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Adhesive for "amatuer" tiler, 600m Porcelanosa onto Marmox. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hiya all, I'm a DIY gal on first bathroom. Wondered if you could check out my plans and let me...
Replies
Views
I am planning to tile bathroom with large porcelain tiles 1200x600 over water-resistant backer...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm struggling to get a tiler in my area since lockdown so I have taken the bold...
Replies
Views
I am planning on doing my bathroom up in January so I'm needing to get everything bought before...
Replies
Views
This kitchen is not level as can be seen in the attached picture. From floorboard to kitchen...
Replies
Views
Sid2323
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.