Discuss Adhesive Tester Needed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Rocatex adhesive: got mentioned in a thread the other day so I thought I'd ask if they'd mind sending some samples to a member for testing. So I'm wondering if anybody would want some adhesive and grout for a job (or if you're not comfortable using it on a customers job - maybe a small sample set to use on some scrap tiles or something)?

We'd be looking for a few photo's and a bit of a review / your opinions on it - good or bad. But professional criticism as always rather than pure slating if it's rubbish ha

Let me know and I'll ask the guy to get in touch with you directly.

Thanks for any help.

J

jonnyc

i have already been asked to trial this adhesive many months ago.
i dont mind doing this as i have used an andy gough adhesive in past.
i have not done as yet probably because of lead up to xmas and beyond
but i have to say i am really happy with tilemaster and it would be hard to get me away from them .
someone else should give them a go as well.
i have trialled adhesives many times but never gone for a full floor.
actually i probably did with tilemaster setaflex as gary the tiler recommended and felt confident.
there is a whole range inc sealers and would be interested in other trialler findings.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jonnyc

dan . just out of interest i am intrigued why you are asking if anyone wants to trial this adhesive, take some photos and give a review.
the sole reason i got banned from this forum just after i joined only a few years ago was because i posted that i thought stonefix adhesive ( andy gough)was a good adhesive and value for money.
this was just what i thought .
I had never been part of a forum before and did not appreciate there were adhesive sponsors .
i think i was perceived to be a plant from stonefix which i was not .
but i contacted you about a year later and no problems and i rejoined.
why is it ok now to ask people to trial this product when you have sponsers of adhesives in place

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
dan . just out of interest i am intrigued why you are asking if anyone wants to trial this adhesive, take some photos and give a review.
the sole reason i got banned from this forum just after i joined only a few years ago was because i posted that i thought stonefix adhesive ( andy gough)was a good adhesive and value for money.
this was just what i thought .
I had never been part of a forum before and did not appreciate there were adhesive sponsors .
i think i was perceived to be a plant from stonefix which i was not .
but i contacted you about a year later and no problems and i rejoined.
why is it ok now to ask people to trial this product when you have sponsers of adhesives in place

Fair comments pal.

I think Stonefix had been told a few times about advertising on the forum back when we were really strict about it.

We've relaxed a bit over the years.

And to be frank, I've personally contacted these, wouldn't mind doing reviews on all adhesives these days. Weber and Tilemaster come out highly all the time.

I think we've burnt enough bridges over the years. ;)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Adhesive Tester Needed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

L
So I was talking to a tiler on a bathroom job we been doing today and today was his 1st day...
Replies
Views
Pebbs
P
B
Hiya fellas. I've been on a large anhydrite floor and thought i'd do a little test whilst i was...
Replies
Views
Hi guys and girls. Need a bit of feedback from you, VIA EMAIL (I'll close this thread) - Send...
Replies
Views
P
Hi Guys, Been to look at a new build with over 100m of limestone to be tiled onto screed with...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all, It's been a while since I posted here as work has been busy. I'm after some advice...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB