UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Adhesives for hardie backer board????? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cityone

Hi lads, this is following on from my post the other night where i have decided to use hardie cement boards instead of plywood due to the poor quality of ply now available. Anyway, i would like to use the 6mm board (because of raising height issues) for floor overlays but BAL (my prefered choice) only recommend single part fastflex which is 3 times the price of my usual floor adhesive, (bal spf) if i used the 12mm board i would have no problem with spf, so for 6mm backer board what floor adhesive do you recommend???? also, can i get away with just screwing the backer board to the substate or do i have to use adhesive as well as screws??? once again thanks in advance for any feed back!!!!

O

Olz

Same here, I make sure the floorboards are screwed down and movement free, overlay hardi usually with webber SPF with a 6mm trowel and screw through with 25mm turbo gold screws which are self tapping and go in nice and easily. The screws are put in whilst the addy is wet, easy with the hardi as it has pre marked screw down positions.

The addy is there to fill the voids under the boards, its the screws that hold it down.

M

mattle40

I have never used Fastflex for ditra, a spf has allways been adequate...

My knowledge of it was that you would decide what adhesive to use by disregarding the use of ditra it's self

I.e in the case of tiling on floor boards you would use fast flex without ditra so you still use it with it, same goes for ply, you would use SPF without ditra so use SPF with it..

I may well be wrong and sorry if I have miss informed anyone il check tomorrow

Reply to Adhesives for hardie backer board????? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm having a nightmare trying to establish product info from distributors. For example...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I'm about to tile my kitchen with 600mm x 600mm porcelain tiles. I am tiling onto a subfloor...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
I'm planning on tiling my porch, and the tiles and adhesive will take up around 13mm of height...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.