Discuss Adjustment of shower door in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

radi

Hi Folks,

I am in the process of refitting the shower door in to the shower cubicle after a tile repair. When I placed the door insitu, I found that the holes in the metal door do not line up to the previously rawlplugged holes. Alignment is out by some 15mm.

The sides of the shower door move from left to right to allow better fit but they do not appear to move up or down.

I do not have the fitting instructions for the door which was fitted several years ago.

I can only assume that the base of the door should be in contact with the tray throughout its full length.

That being the case, should the door adjustments move up and down bearing in mind that alignment is out by some 15 mm.If it did that would mean the metal side supports extending above the top of the shower door!!!

I never noticed if the door was misaligned when I removed the door at the start of the repair, but there have been a number of faults with this installation hence the repair.

Reply to Adjustment of shower door in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, We're currently adding an en-suite to a downstairs bedroom, everything is going well so far...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Shower Tile Repair - Tile Waterproofing in Brownstown MI. Schluter wet room conversion 24h...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Adjustment of shower door
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.