Discuss Advertising. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

I had a local company run 3 adverts for me in their magazine. Now the first advert the were meant to sent me a proof for me to agree which they never did and the advert came out totally the wrong colour. The second went into the wrong area, and the third was fine. Now they want paying for 3 adverts. I said im happy to pay for 2 of them even though one was in the wrong area. Now the guy said he get a debt collection company involved for the full amount. Each advert is £72 Should i pay him for two or let him chase me for the full amount. Should i take legal advice?

C

Colour Republic

Do you have any emails from them saying what they would do for the money? including proofs?

I would fight them, I would also only pay for one ad as that is the only one which was correct.

If you agreed to tile 3 walls in someones bathroom, tiled 1 wall in the wrong tiles, tiled one wall next door by accident, then finally got the last wall right. What would you expect to get paid for?

E

enduro

Do you have any emails from them saying what they would do for the money? including proofs?

I would fight them, I would also only pay for one ad as that is the only one which was correct.

If you agreed to tile 3 walls in someones bathroom, tiled 1 wall in the wrong tiles, tiled one wall next door by accident, then finally got the last wall right. What would you expect to get paid for?

No i dont not have proofs. I have said if they can show me the confirmation of the proof i will pay.

C

Colour Republic

Pay for one and fight the other 2 as they were incorrect.... Come to think of it... I wouldn't pay for any, as you asked for three adverts that were ment to be the same and be in the right category to build familiarity with the readership, for which they failed to deliver......

That is so true of printed media, in fact many advertising agencies will tell you the same when trying to sell their services

Reply to Advertising. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Bathroom/bathtub walls were tiled to the ceiling and a shower screen was fitting. Tiler left...
Replies
Views
Hi I am after some advice and opinion if the quality of our recently installed tiles is of an...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Advertising.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.