Discuss Advice about readymix suitability in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

William Connolly

Looking for advice. Have previously used Mapei Keraquick for 400x400 porcelain tiles with great success. I now have another small diy job to complete with 445x320 ceramic tiles above a bath with shower. I have been advised by my local supplier that Mapei Progrip D2 (ready mix) is suitable onto green plasterboard. The Mapei technical blurb confirms it is D2T suitable for showers and ceramic tiles but doesn't confirm tile size. Some retailers suggest it is suitable for larger formats but I'm not sure even though the 445x320 isn't particularly 'large'.

Any advice about suitability of the Mapei Progrip D2 would be welcomed.

Mapei UK Marketing

TF
Esteemed
Many thanks for the comments & guidance, going with Mapei Keraflex (white) which seems to fit with the advice given and Mapegum WPS to tank the shower/bath area.

Great choice of product systems. (Well we were always going to say that weren't we!!) If you need any further information on Keraflex visit Hydraulic setting adhesives - http://www.mapei.com/GB-EN/Products-for-Ceramics-and-Stone-Materials/Hydraulic-setting-adhesives and if you ever need any guidance on product selection or application our Technical Services Team are always available to offer assistance. They can be contacted on 0121 508 6970 (ext 2) or [email protected]

Also please remember to post some of your project pictures we'd love to see them!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Advice about readymix suitability in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice on final floor buildup. We're installing a shower tray...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB