Discuss advice for a spanish project in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Iain Crosbie

Hi folks
My Spanish house has a bath installed and I really need to have a shower instead as there are disabled family members.
The concrete floor is a bison beam with a screed over the top. Walls are typically spanish rubbish brick acting as infil only as structure is in the re-inforced post and floor construction.

My question is
What level of tanking would I need before forming a tray with the appropriate falls on top of the existing concrete floor out of SLC.

I hoped to use a brush on tanking product but perhaps you could advise me on this.

thanks in advance

Iain

I

Iain Crosbie

yeah I know what you mean
there's a bath there now and I expect the area under the bath gives the clearance reqd for the outlet.
I suppose I'll not really know for sure until I pull out the bath.
I was going to cast a new base in concrete and I saw some nifty tapered formers that stay in the concrete and give the necessary run off gradient. Only seen them on American sites so far though.
Doing my research now and out in the new year to remove the bath.

thanks for the reply

Iain

Reply to advice for a spanish project in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
P
Dear Experts! Here's a homeowner looking for advice about a home renovation project. It's a...
Replies
Views
GoneGuy
G
L
Hello there. We've just bought our first home and having moved in last week, we are about to...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
D
Hi Thanks to all who provided advice on my bathroom project 3 years ago, tiling both the...
Replies
Views
swanman
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
advice for a spanish project
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.