Discuss advice needed......on carpet glue..... in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

got an 80m2 porcelain job upcoming ....seagrass carpet currently down on top of foam backed underlay and the entire area has been glued down on top of concrete screed....im assuming the glue needs to be removed somehow before I can lay decoupling membrane then tiles etc however what will get the glue up and how without saturating the screed nd possibly causing probs for the installation.....any thoughts?????

For the best results the glue needs to be removed, use a cup grinder with dust shroud.
Hope this helps!

Attachments

• angle grinder.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 11
  • diamond cup grinder with shroud.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 9
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to advice needed......on carpet glue..... in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hello we are currently trying to choose a tile to lay on the ground floor (70m2) of our house...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hello! I’m hoping I can get some advice on what to do in my kitchen RE wanting to replace the...
Replies
Views
Hi Ive been browsing your forums over the years looking for guidance for odd tiling DIY tasks...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB