Discuss Advice needed turning on ufh with anhydrite screed in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

stusgsx

Hi u lot.
I tiled 100 odd sqm of 450x900 porcelain onto anhydrite screed which has a water ufh system. It's all been commissioned before tiling and the screed tested. I have been told the ufh can not be turned on gradually as it's lowest setting is 30 degrees C (water temp) so I'm worrying that it is going to cause problems going from about 5 degrees now to 20-25 floor temp.
Tiles have been down for 3 weeks now and I fixed with gypsum based addy.

Any advice would be great. If it pops or cracks the tiles is it still going to be down to me even though they can't turn it on gradually?
Thanks

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
30 degrees flow temperature us about the norm for most manifolds. If they turn it on at that they will get a surface temperature of around 22 degrees. Not sure if that helps as I understand your concern but I have never seen tiles pop as a result of warming where gypsum adhesive was used.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Advice needed turning on ufh with anhydrite screed in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes. We...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I am planning to lay 600mm x 600mm x 20mm slate on to an anhydrite screed. It is a very thick...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, Just looked at a conservatory tiling job. Wet UFH system, set into sand and cement...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB