Discuss Advice needed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Hi guys
Had my en-suite tiled about 4/5 years ago, the silicone & grout was looking a bit shabby around shower, so ive took the plunge & decided to re-grouting etc, after clearing the grout lines out etc one of the tiles came loose & then a couple others!
The adhesive hasnt stuck to the plasterboard at all its adhered to the tiles fine.
Also as you can see the tiler has only dot & dapped the tiles which is worrying!

Any suggestions what would cause the lack of adhesion & also why would he apply the adhesion like this?

BAC1355B-0537-43D5-8467-0FA1FA071F66.jpeg
5C6890A0-E72A-42D6-B639-B1788E5236CF.jpeg

Last edited:
That looks like finish skim plaster onto plasterboard and it probably hasn't stuck because cement adhesive and plaster are not good at bonding together - a primer should have been used so that the adhesive would bond to the plaster.

Unprimed plaster sucks all the moisture out of the cement adhesive and therefore stops it bonding.

What would be the best corrective action do you think?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Advice needed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB