Discuss advice on a bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

petermcphee

hi guys can you give me a bit of advice i am about to do a bathroom it will be tile on tile whats the prep??never done this b4 do i prime??whats the best adshesive to use as well as the grout should it be flex grout??
the wall tiles will be approx 0.90m high so will i just work from the bottom up think i can talk to the girl to make it 3 tile high(think its those big tiles)
and the floor whats the best adshesive grout and prime to use think its porcelain floor tiles as well as undertile heating its the warm up brand as anyone used it??:)
thanks guys

G

geordie2013

Hi peter not been tiling for a long while but the littie i have learnt about tiling on tiles might help.

Be careful of the weight ratios on walls as putting more tiles on could overload wall.
Make sure old tiles are fixed securely.
You will get depth problems around your cuts and maybe sanitary ware.
Wash old tiles down with sugar soap before you start.
Make sure you use adhesive that is AA not effected by water.

Iv been advised in the past not to tile on top in a bathroom only a kitchen.
Hope this helps mate.

G

GazTech

hi guys can you give me a bit of advice i am about to do a bathroom it will be tile on tile whats the prep??never done this b4 do i prime??whats the best adshesive to use as well as the grout should it be flex grout??
the wall tiles will be approx 0.90m high so will i just work from the bottom up think i can talk to the girl to make it 3 tile high(think its those big tiles)
and the floor whats the best adshesive grout and prime to use think its porcelain floor tiles as well as undertile heating its the warm up brand as anyone used it??:)
thanks guys
we sell warm up...I have run miles of it..great stuff,loose cable and screed over before tiling lovely,Bal prime apd,white star adhesive all walls.what is the floor substrate......Gaz

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to advice on a bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB