Discuss Advice on Black Indian Limestone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

marylou30

Hi, we (meaning my husband) paved our garden at the weekend with black indian limestone paving which was delivered to us straight off the boat. When it arrived, we noticed that it appeared to be more grey than black in colour and had what looked like white dust all over them. We presumed that this would wash off and laid the paving stones. We have not yet grouted or sealed the paving slabs and have laid them on a dy mix. We have cleaned the flags a couple of times but this does not seem to make much of a difference. We have also tried selaing in a small area in the hope that the sealant may darken the flag and remove some of the residue, but the area which was sealed now looks cloudy and worse then before. Does anybody know what this white powdery substance is and how to get rid of it. I have just ordered some LTP Grimex Intensive Cleaner in the hope that this will work. Any ideas?

Thanks

Louise

PS: Can't remember the brand of sealant (I'm at work at mo) but it was a decent one - looked on this site before buying.

T

Timberland

Hi, we (meaning my husband) paved our garden at the weekend with black indian limestone paving which was delivered to us straight off the boat. When it arrived, we noticed that it appeared to be more grey than black in colour and had what looked like white dust all over them. We presumed that this would wash off and laid the paving stones. We have not yet grouted or sealed the paving slabs and have laid them on a dy mix. We have cleaned the flags a couple of times but this does not seem to make much of a difference. We have also tried selaing in a small area in the hope that the sealant may darken the flag and remove some of the residue, but the area which was sealed now looks cloudy and worse then before. Does anybody know what this white powdery substance is and how to get rid of it. I have just ordered some LTP Grimex Intensive Cleaner in the hope that this will work. Any ideas?

Thanks

Louise

PS: Can't remember the brand of sealant (I'm at work at mo) but it was a decent one - looked on this site before buying.

it could be because of the quality, you better consult the store from where you got the material, they will sure help!

Reply to Advice on Black Indian Limestone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
We have just laid an outdoor patio and path using black limestone (now wishing I’d perhaps...
Replies
Views
Hi all, just after a bit of advice. I've just had some 15mm limestone tiles fitted in my...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I often take some knowledge from these forum but today Im looking for some advice...
Replies
Views
After some advice please..... We have approx. 50sq m of Dijon limestone 600 x 90 x15mm and also...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Advice on Black Indian Limestone
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.