Discuss Advice on expansion gaps in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

dantheram

In that situation, I'd lose the expansion gap, and just tile close to the end panel. Obviously, I can't see your layout though, so there might be exceptions. ;)

yeah sounds the best option.

in this case i can just come up to the end panel - is it usual to butt right up to the end panel with the tile or maintain the grout gap and grout accordingly?

sorry for the novice questions, i really do appreciate your help.

Dan

beanz

TF
Berkshire
Does your floor have any under tile warming?
I wouldn't cut the tile slow close. Leave about 4/5mm and silicone fill. Not grout. What colour grout are yet going for? Pick a matching silicone or one that coordinates with the finish of your kitchen units

Thats a good point about the underfloor heating/warmup mats. Although technically correct, I wouldn't bother if there's no heat involved, as I don't think it's as nice a finish. Personal preference I guess.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Advice on expansion gaps in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I’ve tiled my bathroom floor on top of hardie cement board. I have left expansion gaps all...
Replies
Views
I just set new porcelain 8 x 8 tile in my rear entryway (3 ft x 3 ft area). I love the results...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB