UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss advice on grout colour needed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Tony73

TF
Arms
acton w3, london
Hi all, i'm tiling few bathrooms. one have beige floor tiles and 150mm skirting, and dark blue ceramick tiles on walls. Designer want limestone grout on floor and wall. I recommended beige on floor+skirting and mid grey on blue tiles.
Master bathroom have slate tiles on floor+skirting, and calacatta marble on walls. I recommended charcoal grout on floor and silver grey on walls.

what's your opinions?
DSC_0305.jpg DSC_0304.jpg DSC_0301.jpg DSC_0303.jpg DSC_0302.jpg

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Hi Tony

I'm with you on the marble and slate colours but on the beige and blue I would be tempted to go with a light grey on both walls and floor. Sometimes I use off-cuts of tiles stuck to a board with the joint size as fixed, and put different grout colours in the joints to show the customer what it would look like. Alternatively, I carry grout sample strips to show customers next to the tile.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I think it's my job to advice on design, colours as i have more experience, then designer, working with tiles . i don't push too much with my suggestions, if client or designer disagree, i don't argue and do as they ask

I will do any colour anywhere unless it's white on a floor. I only do that with a gun pointing at me. :smilewinkgrin:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to advice on grout colour needed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi any advice on what would go with what. I've layed off white tiles on floor with grey...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Hi, hoping someone can help with advice. We purchased 600 x 600 tiles for our bathroom floor...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.