Discuss Advice on grouting in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

iana

I have had in my garage for some time tiles for my utility which are SEVILLA TERRA sapnish porcelain old quarry type tiles in a format that 1 tile 410 X 410 looks like 4. I have been advised that these can be difficult to grout as each tile is butted up. I have heard for best effect all joints should have PVA applied to get the grout to stick. I would welcome some comments the best type of grout to use and how to apply.
Thanks
Ian

Last edited by a moderator:

beanz

TF
Berkshire

I'd like to say put a 2mm grout line in, as the lines in the tile aren't the same anyway!?! But with Wickes/Cheap tiles, 2mm sometimes isn't enough because of the varying sizes!?!

I'm not a big fan of tiles within tiles to be honest. I'd be tempted to return them and buy a different tile, as i can't honestly imagine them looking right. Sorry for being so negative. :-/

Last edited:
D

doug boardley

I'd like to say put a 2mm grout line in, as the lines in the tile aren't the same anyway!?! But with Wickes/Cheap tiles, 2mm sometimes isn't enough because of the varying sizes!?!

I'm not a big fan of tiles within tiles to be honest. I'd be tempted to return them and buy a different tile, as i can't honestly imagine them looking right. Sorry for being so negative. :-/
and often differ by more than 2mm, nightmare tiles that I've used from there:yikes:

B

bobd

Has anyone come up with a solution to grouting these tiles. They seem to bee the same as Wickes Courtyard Mews tiles which I have bought and laid. Wickes are unresponsive on giving help and provide contradictory advice. In the stores it says use Grey on their web site it says use Beige. Also the question of whether to space the tiles at all is a thorny one. I used small spacers to replicate the groutline between tiles but then found the space too large. Too late for that but the grouting remains. The question is should the fake tile spacing be grouted as well as the tiles and what colour should be used.
I tried to emulate a wickes photo showing black grouting everywhere. I used cement dye to darken grey. It's a nightmare. The black comes off as does the grouting on the fake sections. After a few floor mops it will be gone and the whole house black.
What can I do? Courtyard Mews Porcelain Floor Tile - Floor Tiles - Tiles -Tiles & Floors - Wickes

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Advice on grouting in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Advice on grouting
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.