Discuss Advice on method my tiler has used in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mercedesjb

I have employed a plumber to fit a new bathroom suite and retileHowever the method he has used is different to what I believe to be correct. Instead of spreading the adhesive in a combed screed horizontally, he has applied large 'blobs' to each tile which has meant that all the tiles are spaced away from the wall? This has meant that there is a bit of unevenness. Also he hasn't started at the centre line of the Walls and worked outwards He has fitted a travertine border strip fixed back from the surface of the main tiles saying that he can't space them out- has anyone used this method of applying adhesive? As he says this is how he was taught to do it years ago and has done loads of bathrooms

tommyzooom

TF
Arms
Ireland
I have employed a plumber to fit a new bathroom suite and retileHowever the method he has used is different to what I believe to be correct. Instead of spreading the adhesive in a combed screed horizontally, he has applied large 'blobs' to each tile which has meant that all the tiles are spaced away from the wall? This has meant that there is a bit of unevenness. Also he hasn't started at the centre line of the Walls and worked outwards He has fitted a travertine border strip fixed back from the surface of the main tiles saying that he can't space them out- has anyone used this method of applying adhesive? As he says this is how he was taught to do it years ago and has done loads of bathrooms

Theres your mistake. I'm afraid it will all have to come off

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Advice on method my tiler has used in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
L
I would like some advise. We booked a tiler for a new build with quite a lot of work to be done...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hope everyone is well. I'm after some advice please. I'm currently having my bathroom tiled...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Advice on method my tiler has used
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.